Complaint Review: Macs Orlando

• Macs Orlando
    3712 Howell Branch Road
    Winter Park, Florida
    United States of America

Macs Orlando Patrick Dowling, www.macsorlando.com Bad Products being sold! Stay away. Winter Park, Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Buyer BEWARE

My husband and I both purchased refurbished computers from Macs Orlando. They fix, buy and sell so trusted they would be a good source for a used laptop. Not even 2 months later (exactly 5 weeks) my husband's computer stopped working, it was returned to the shop where Patrick Dowling (owner) took it in. 10 days later, no computer yet and when my husband called he informed him that the repairs would cost $220, the computer cost us $219. Owner lied and said he put in 4 gigs of RAM but computer only holds up to 2 gigs. We picked up husband's and dropped off my HP purchased in April of 2012 (he said we could settle up on the "repairs" later).

After dropping off my computer that just stopped working, he calls us to tell us the repair will cost $175. We contact HP directly and find that this particular model had been recalled in 2010! They cannot help us since recall is over and Macs Orlando sold it to us as "refurbished"? Recall work was never done and now wants to charge us almost as much as we paid to fix.

Buyer beware! Do not trust this man or his products, selling computers that are defective and misrepresenting. Honestly, seems he preys on the fact you will purchase and then will charge you again when it breaks (because it will).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2012 12:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/macs-orlando/winter-park-florida-32792/macs-orlando-patrick-dowling-wwwmacsorlandocom-bad-products-being-sold-stay-away-wint-902538. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Buyer BEWARE

AUTHOR: Patrick Dowling - ()

Keep in mind that I sell U S E D computers. They all come with a 30 day WARRANTY. I'll fix, replace or refund within 30 days of the purchase. I make a DRAMATIC POINT to Windows laptop top buyers (especaill HP laptops) NOT to use the laptop to watch STREAMING VIDEO. Burns 'em up. What did this owner do? You guessed it. Watched NETFLIX. Hmmmm. !