Complaint Review: Mad Dog Multimedia/Office Max

• Reported By: Madison Mississippi
  • Mad Dog Multimedia/Office Max
    12520 High Bluff Drive, Suite 190
    San Diego, California

At Office Max on 8-15 I purchased a Mad Dog Dominator 4in1 CD-RW+DVD Drive sku 20681870 and promptly submited rebate in accordance with all rules and regulations. On 9-25 I received a postcard indicating that rebate was denied because the the rebate form was missing the registration number.

They know and have approved the use of Office Max's printed out rebate submission form but have obviously declined to accept it. This is a rip off plain and simple. And it indicates that to purchase any Mad Dog Product from Office Max you must bear in mind that they are not going to honor the rebate. It is a good unit, but I would not have paid the full price for it.

David
Madison, Mississippi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2004 05:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/mad-dog-multimediaoffice-max/san-diego-california-92130/mad-dog-multimedia-office-max-officemax-rebate-form-not-accepted-by-mad-dog-san-diego-c-110159. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Rebate Problem if you didn't follow the rebate requirements

AUTHOR: William - (U.S.A.)

Even if you didn't follow the rebate requirements exactly, I don't blame you. They make them increasingly difficult to slip you up.

I used to work at Office Max. I will try to help the best I can. I fight for my rebates with companies all the time too. Contact both the manufacturer and Office Max. Corporate contact information for companies can be found at www.hoovers.com.

Office Max will probably respond if you contact the corporate office.

If they still do not respond for some reason, here are more actions to take:

-Contact the Office Max store manager where you bought it. If he/she doesn't help, ask for the Office Max district office. (O.M. store managers worry when you ask for this.)

In any case, you may want to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission at www.ftc.gov. That won't take action for your personal case, but our complaints help them to enforce laws in the future.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Rebate Problem if you didn't follow the rebate requirements

AUTHOR: William - (U.S.A.)

Office Max will probably respond if you contact the corporate office.

If they still do not respond for some reason, here are more actions to take:

Did you register your product first on MAD DOG's website?

AUTHOR: A - (U.S.A.)

Did you register your product on the MAD DOG website, get a Registration Code, and submit that along with the rebate form? It was there in the fine print that this was a requirement on the Office Max Approved Rebate Form. It doesn't sound like you did.

A PITA requirement if you ask me, but I did that with my MAD DOG drive and I got the rebate no problem.

Here a sample Mad Dog rebates I just got from EasierRebates.com, you see it says MUST REGISTER ONLINE

Promotion: Mad Dog - Entertainer 16X DVD-ROM - Holiday 2003 Promo
Type: Manufacturers Rebate
Reward: Rebate Check : $20.00
Terms: Limit one (1) Rebate per item.
Copies of receipt are acceptable. Submit original UPC bar code from the package.
Good on purchases between 12/14/03 & 12/20/03 in the contiguous US; between 12/21/03 & 12/27/03 in Alaska & Hawaii; between 12/28/03 & 1/3/04 in St. Thomas & Puerto Rico.
MUST REGISTER ONLINE AT www.mdmm.com
Must be postmarked within 10 days from date of purchase.
Requests from PO Boxes not accepted.
Valid ONLY at OfficeMax.