Report: #1195184

• Reported By: Bogel18 — Irvine California
  • Magic Jack

Internet
    USA

Magic Jack Magic Jack Plus The company told me my 5 years renewal was on the old device. The rep unable to show me the actual serial number of registered contract Internet.

I bought magic jack device in oct 2013 and was good for the first year. So chronologically after a year, then they offered me 5 years renewal for $99 on this magic jack device. Then i went to radio shack in 2014 to buy the newer device (magic jack plus) where I didnt need a computer to connect. The problem is when they transferred my phone number from the old device to the new device, they did not transfer the contract (according to what the contact support rep told me). So now, after the end of second year, they told me that my magic jack subscription has expired and i must renew if i want to still use it . I chat with the support contact representative and they said no refund for a used device.. the question is why they cannot transfer my contract to the new device? How the hell am i supposed to know that they dont transfer the remaining contract to the new device? THIS IS TOTAL SCAM!

Few questions remaining:

1. Which part of the contract that states if you transfer the number your remaining contract is not trasferable?

2. Why cannot they provide me a proof of activation of which device serial number attached to the contract?

3. They told me to access the order status screen from the info provided when i signed up for 5 years,.. but there is no date, timestamp of when the transaction occured or the system activation of creating the order. Also there is no serial number of the order status screen or window.

4. The representative asked me to end the conversation because "THERE IS NO OTHER THING THEY CAN DO"

LAWYERS, PROBONO ATTORNEY,.. CONTACT ME IF YOU WANT TO FILE CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT!!

email me at (((Redacted))) and i am more than willing to sue magic jack!

Regards,

FH

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2014 10:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/magic-jack/internet/magic-jack-magic-jack-plus-the-company-told-me-my-5-years-renewal-was-on-the-old-device-1195184. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content