Complaint Review: Magic Jack

• Magic Jack
    www.magicjack.com
    Nationwide

Magic Jack Fraud Internet

Where to begin, I ordered the unit over a month ago and it has not worked as advertised from day one.
After looking for phone numbers to contact them and not finding any, I had to resort to Live Chat, after an hour of going round and round they tell me that I need different phone and a Powered USB Hub. I told the Live Chat person that prior to purchasing the unit I watched the infomercial, which states "will work with any phone". They wouldn't respond to that... I told Live Chat that I had tried the unit with several different phone, both wired and wireless. I also told them that I had tried it with several different computers.
So I went out and purchased a new phone and a powered usb hub, what a waste of more then a $120. No change still wont work, so back to Live Chat I go. After an hour of them telling me to try this and that and me telling them that we have tried all this the last two times I contacted them, they put you in touch with upper tech support. And you go thru the whole process again, with the same outcome. They fall back on you needing a different phone and powered usb hub, at which point I say, look I have tried everything you have told me to do with no luck will you just try sending me a new unit. The response from that was we will let our engineers look at the problem and get back to you.
As you guessed that was the last time I heard from them other then they charged me for something that doesn't work...

Terr
Ariel, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2008 06:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/magic-jack/nationwide/magic-jack-fraud-internet-370488. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content