Complaint Review: Magic Mesh

Internet
    United States of America

Magic Mesh Deceptive ordering process Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Here's part of the Maqic Mesh order form

I placed order on line on Saturday evening (10-1-2011). The ordering process was confusing.. I ended up ordering something i did not want. There was no chance to see the final invoice until I received notice that the order had been placed. The order was grossly wrong. I immediately tried to contacted their customer service and their company to change the order.

Customer service indicated their hours were M-F 8:00 to 6:00 eastern time. On Monday moring at 8:02 I called to cancel. I was told by the customer service guy that the order had been already been shipped and there was nothing he could do to stop it. Silence on my part. The guy then offered to give me a shipping refund which only put the shipping cost back to what it orginally should have been.

On Tuesday I received an email invoice that indicated the product had been shipped that day (Tuesday) not the weekend as the service rep had told me. I probably would have ordered the product and paid regular shipping, but not the deluxe sets that I ended up with. I beleive this company is using deceptive tactics and a class action suit should be filed against them by some state attorney general.

The problem areas:
1. Tricky ordering process that results in over charging for product and shipping
2. Over charge on shipping
3. Lying by customer service reps. It appears to be a deliberate effort on this companys part to deceive the customers.

I wish I had read this site first.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2011 08:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/magic-mesh/internet/magic-mesh-deceptive-ordering-process-internet-790088. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Here's part of the Maqic Mesh order form

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

It's copied directly from their website, I did add bolding and underlining....nothing else.  Looks like a little more careful read of this would have saved you all your trouble.

Good luck with your going nowhere class action.  What would the States attorney generals charge them with?....shipping what you ordered?

Step 3 - Place Order

Send Me:
The Magic Mesh door cover set today for only $19.95 plus $7.95 P&H and get a second set FREE! Just pay additional $7.95 P&H. Each set contains two panels.

How many Buy One, Get One Free sets would you like to order?

Select Quantity: 123456