Complaint Review: Magic Tracks

• Reported By: James — albany Georgia United States
  • Magic Tracks

Tampa, Florida
    United States

Magic Tracks ontel Beware! Phone operator uses deceptive tactics to upsell Tampa Florida

Called to take advantage of the buy one get one free offer on magic tracks.  First call says number is not available.  Tried again and got a representative who tried to flatter me with small talk.  I politely told her what I wanted and she slowly obilged but then launched into the longest upsell script I've ever experienced.   I simply wanted a $19.95 set with $5.95 S&H along with a "Free" second set for $5.95 S&H.  Slowly and painfully, she described a half dozen upgrades one-by-one, ending each script with "how many tunnels\towers\tracks do you want to add to your order?.  She then described the deluxe version and said, "We'll just add that to your order, OK?"  I gave an emphatic "no" to each upgrade question.  Periodically, I would try to short-circuit the script by saying that I did not want anything extra - please just place the order.  No dice, she just kept soldiering on.

Finally, she reviewed my order and, to my surprise, she had upgraded me to the Deluxe version.  I forcefully told her that I did not agree to that and she pretended like it was a mistake.  HA!  After clearing up that deception, she took my info to place the order.  Despite sensing my growing frustration at her tactics and the ridiculous length of the call, she said she had a special offer for me.  Something about a $50 gift card to which I emphatically said that I want no part of that in any way, shape or form.  I told her I did not want to hear any more offers.  She responded that she was on the last page of her script at which point I demanded she cancel the whole order.  I asked her for a cancellation number and she gave me a confirmation number.  She could not supply a cancellation number.  I told her I would never buy anything from her company and that I would be carefully watching my billing statement because of her deceptive tactics.  She responded that they were a reputable company.  I responded that they were anything but reputable and ended the call.

This company and the operator (Diane allegedly stationed in the Tampa Call center) should be ashamed of themselves for using these tactics.  Someone needs to do something about this because the elderly in particular would have been very confused by all the deceptions.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2017 01:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/magic-tracks/tampa-florida/magic-tracks-ontel-beware-phone-operator-uses-deceptive-tactics-to-upsell-tampa-florid-1412629. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content