Complaint Review: MagicJack

• MagicJack

internet, Select State/Province
    USA

MagicJack Misleading e-mail internet

On Dec.3,2013 I recieved an e-mail from MagicJack , who I have used for several years, offering a Cyber Week Special for a upgrade to the 'new' MagicJack 2014. It was a limited time offer that included " magicJack 2014 + Roll Over Your Plan + 6 Mo's of Service | $29.95 " which I promptly ordered. Never recieving my 'new' MJ 2014...I contacted MajicJack and was told (after escalating) that what I ordered was just a one year renewal of my existing MagicJack. I explained that my service was not up for renewal, and I ordered off of the e-mail I was sent. No...even though the amount I paid was the amount they asked for the 'new' service, and even though I had no reason to extend my current service at that time...they were adamant that I had not ordered the new service/unit. There excuse was that my bank reciept said "MagicJack Renewal'. I asked how I was supposed to know what their reciepts say. [continued below]....

.......and, a renewal was part of the offer. You would think that a company would treat it's long time users fairly. They flat refused to send me the 'new' MajicJack 2014 and said if I wanted it I had to pay $49.95 for it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2014 01:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/magicjack/internet-select-stateprovince-internet/magicjack-misleading-e-mail-internetnbsp-1123115. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content