Complaint Review: magicJack

• magicJack

Internet
    United States of America

magicJack Horrible Customer Service, Internet

There is no way to contact magicjack except through "Live Chat". This insures that the people who make decisions do not hear anything bad about their customer service.

magicjack is a good product. My 1 year subscription expired in November 2012 and I tried to renew for another year. My attempts failed. First I was told that because I was "out-of-country", my CC could not be accepted. I got VPN and blew holes in that statement. Then they told me that my CC company was blocking the charge. I got a letter from the CC company refuting the claim. Then they told me that I needed to update the CC info in my magicjack account, which I did. No change.

Around December 20, another "chat" agent told me that my account was "under review" and that the billing department would send me an email. As of January 3, no email, but I was able to place an order and actually get an order number for the first time. However, when I tried to use my magicjack it still didn't work. I logged into my account and was informed I needed to renew. Yet another "chat" with customer service informed me that the order "did not  make it all the way through". Another report was created by the agent and I was again told I would get an email from the billing department.

Still no magicjack service!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2013 09:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/magicjack/internet/magicjack-horrible-customer-service-internet-990344. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content