Report: #208419

• Reported By: St. Marks Florida
  • Manchester Whos Who
    333 Earle Ovington Blvd., Suite 240
    Uniondale, New York

Manchester Who's Who is a high pressure sales scam, rip off. It preys primarily on professional women with promise of free membership to an elite professional group that will improve your business.

After receiving the package from Manchester, I returned it express mail with a letter stating I did not want to be associated with them and refund the money they took from my account and do not access my account again (also telephoned and faxed). Three weeks later they deducted $189 from my account.

They misrepresent what they are about and try to confuse and bully you. At this point it appears I have paid for major discomfort financially and emotionally. Their reps are rude and pushy. If this is happening to you, please file reports and do not go down without a fight.

Regina
St. Marks, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2006 07:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/manchester-whos-who/uniondale-new-york-11553/manchester-whos-who-i-doubt-manchester-whos-who-is-truly-ligitimate-i-just-received-my-b-208419. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
5Consumer
0Employee/Owner

AUTHOR: Maria - (U.S.A.)

I was fooled by this company a few months ago. They sent me information on their company about a free membership so I filled out the form they sent along with the paperwork. They sent me some airfare vouchers only valid if I bought the Lifetime membership. I bought it. A few months later I find a charge on my credit card for a VIP membership that I never agreed to for $400! I have called the numbers they have but nobody ever returns any of my phone calls.

This company even sent my credit card company falsified information on items they never sent me!

I don't know what I can do to get my money back for this charge; all I can say is beware of this company, please!

Thanks

AUTHOR: Tammy - (U.S.A.)

I recieved a call from them just a few days ago. They wanted me to pay up front, luckliy I didn't have any of my credit cards with me at work. Thanks for the info. I would of paid them. I am however sorry it happend to you. Good luck with getting your money back.