Complaint Review: Manny and Gregory Laundromat

• Manny and Gregory Laundromat
    1848 Amsterdam Avenue
    New York, New York
    USA

Manny and Gregory Laundromat Cecilio Arias, Manager Burned half of my clothing items and not willing to pay for the damages New York New York

This place is very unprofessional when it comes to resolving matters in which they are responsible for. This was my third time dropping off my clothes for their drop off services. Unfortunately, on the last drop off they burned half of my and roommate's clothing items.

I attempted several times to speak to the manager in person but (1) my work schedule didn't permit it (2) the weekend I stopped by he stepped out and (3) he was content speaking about it via phone while he was driving making it quite challenging to hear him clearly.

He kept giving us the run around that everything will be resolved and that he can give us "laundry credit". I went ahead and itemized all the damaged clothes and informed him via his employee's phone the total and he said "yes we will resolve this before Monday" (memorial day weekend). [continued below]....

..... I left my phone number and name and I did not hear from him.

Today, June 2, 2016, we stopped by early in the morning and was able to catch him only for him to tell me that we did not have any name brand clothing such as "Ann Taylor", our clothes were all used and he will not pay the amount requested! The audacity from him in regards to what was name brand and used clothes was incredible - I had clothes that were recently bought and items I had bought months ago and had recently popped the tag! Overall, he refuses to pay for the damaged clothing items.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2016 03:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/manny-and-gregory-laundromat/new-york-new-york-10031/manny-and-gregory-laundromat-cecilio-arias-manager-burned-half-of-my-clothing-items-and-1309164. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content