Complaint Review: Marlo Furniture

• Reported By: Haymarket Virginia
  • Marlo Furniture
    3300 Marlo Lane
    Forestville, Maryland

Marlo Furniture ripoff took my money and ran, customer service or lack thereof Forestville Maryland

I visited the Forestville, MD Marlo location on 9/11/04 to purchase 2 living room sets for my recently remodeled home. Beginning with my salesperson Jesse Gordon I was treated like anything but a customer. Initially in making my purchase I attempted to negotiate since I was making 3,000 worth of purchases. I was told off the top that discounts arent given and that he wouldnt even approach the sales manager to confirm. I immediately knew that was incorrect as I have shopped with Marlos before and discounts were given. I insisted on speaking with the sales manager and was given a 10% discount off of my total order very easily.

My merchandise wasnt available until approximately 30 days later of which I scheduled to pickup on 10/15. After renting a Uhaul and paying a dear friend of mine to pick up my merchandise I learned that 2 pieces were missing. They indicated that my furniture was on a truck outside the store but couldnt be unloaded until later and then it must be inventoried. In exchange, Marlo agreed to deliver my missing furniture on 10/28. Due to this inconvenience, I tried to communicate my dissatisfaction to my salesperson and was told that I could bring the furniture back if I wasnt satisfied. At this point I was most offended and wanted to speak with someone else in management. I was given the name of Jack Tribble to which I left 2 voicemails and never received a return phone call.

On 10/28 I stayed home from work in anticipation of my furniture delivery. After waiting approximately 6 hours I phoned the store and spoke with Bonita who indicated that my salesperson should have contacted me to tell me that my furniture was not in stock and no delivery was being made that day. They offered me a $50 gift certificate for my time and trouble. I expressed my sincere unhappiness with this situation and the other previous issues and how I had attempted to contact Mr Jack Tribble to discuss. I was told to try to speak with Penny Dean instead about my concerns.

In total, I have left voicemails, sent faxes, sent emails to chris stevens, spoke to my salesperson (since he is the only one who seems to return my calls regardless of how badly I feel I have been treated thus far), and contacted the corporate offices who also treated me similarly as all of the others.

After spending many hours on line today looking for someone to contact in getting my issues resolved I have learned that I am not the first person this has happened to. In fact, my story sounds very similar to many others posted on the internet. It seems to me that Marlo Furniture treats their customers this way on a regular basis. Its unfortunate as many unsuspecting consumers will continue to be affected until managerment makes a change company wide. This whole experience has been a nightmare and I only hope and pray that I will get the furniture I purchased before the holidays arrive as my family is expected. Unfortunately, there arent a lot of other furniture suppliers in town with a comparable selection as Marlo or else I would take my business elsewhere. After this purchase is complete, I plan to NEVER EVER shop Marlo again.

Laural
Haymarket, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2004 12:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/marlo-furniture/forestville-maryland/marlo-furniture-ripoff-took-my-money-and-ran-customer-service-or-lack-thereof-forestville-115237. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content