Complaint Review: Massage Envy

• Massage Envy
    990 Florin Road
    Sacramento, California
    USA

Massage Envy MASSAGE ENVY SACRAMENTO billing my debit card when I cancelled my month-to-month over 90 days ago. My 12-month contract was from April 2014 to May 2015 expired so I’m not under contractual liability Sacramento California

I have been a customer of Massage Envy since January 2013 and satisfied with their masseuse although I felt their front office sales tactics are aggressive.  My second and last contract with them was from April 5, 2014 to May 5, 2015 and I decided to continue as a client on a month-to-month WITHOUT a signed contract.

When I went in for a massage in mid-October 2015, I informed the front office that I would no longer be using their service and not to bill me for November 2015.  The front office said I needed to fill out a “membership cancellation request form” which I did and that’s when they try to sell me on a new 12-month contract.  I told them no and that after my month-to-month expires before the next billing cycle of November 6, 2015, I will no longer be a customer.

On November 6, 2015, Massage Envy charged my debit card without authorization and after I had cancelled my month-to-month. [continued below]....

.....  This also resulted in an overdraft and my bank charged me a fee of $35.  I went to Massage Envy asking them to stop billing me and to refund the $35 overdraft fee that they were responsible for.  The front desk then told me that they don’t have a cancellation request from me and that I must have asked for a “membership freeze form” which meant I didn’t cancel.  I told them I know the difference and I wanted to see my file.  Conveniently my file was empty.

I am filing this complaint because “a collection agency” keeps calling me claiming I owe Massage Envy.  I do not and I want Massage Envy to stop calling me and they still owe me $35 for causing my account to be overdraft.

I am attaching a copy of my 12-month contract with Massage Envy and it clearly shows my membership expired on May 5, 2015.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2016 05:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/massage-envy/sacramento-california-95831/massage-envy-massage-envy-sacramento-billing-my-debit-card-when-i-cancelled-my-month-to-m-1280652. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content