Complaint Review: Massage Envy

• Massage Envy
    1810 York Rd Ste D-F
    Timonium, Maryland
    USA

Massage Envy Rip off, charged fraudulently, deceptive business practices Timonium Maryland

Do not go to Massage Envy in Timonium!
My husband gave me a $200 gift card for Mother's Day! I tried to book a massage and facial on the same day; however, no one could seem to find 2 appointments on the same day despite looking 6 weeks into the calendar. That could be due to their introductory pricing you get on your first visit only.

I had a facial one day and was due for a massage the other day. I called to cancel as my daughter began throwing up. I tried several times, then the last time I tried it was closed. I called again that morning at 8 am when they opened and someone answered and told me I would be charged 1/2 the money for cancellation. What was I to do....bring my daughter throwing up? Normally, she would be at pre-school; however, I couldn't send her throwing up. It was not even 2:30 and the charge was already pending on my account (2:30 was the original appointment time) .

When I booked the appointments via phone, I explained I had a gift card, but was still told they had to have my debit card number to hold the appointment. No one EVER said if I cancelled the day of my appointment, I would be charged. I cancelled 6 1/2 hours prior. I now realize why my debit card number was so important despite the gift card...so I could fraudulently be charged.

Needless to say, I will not be going to Massage Envy ever, as the facial was my first and last time. I also will not be recommending the company to anyone and I will be writing a review anywhere I can find a site to do so. People need to be warned. I asked for a manager and was told several times she was busy or unavailable. The receptionist was extremely rude, as well.

After writing a review on Yelp, the business responded and told me to put my complaint in their portal. I had already done so, 3 days prior, but no one contacted me. There are many great places in Towson to get a massage and my husband thought to give this place a try since it is new, but I'll return to my usual spot.

Deceptive practices are a bad business model.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2017 05:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/massage-envy/timonium-maryland-21093/massage-envy-rip-off-charged-fraudulently-deceptive-business-practices-timonium-marylan-1388753. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content