Complaint Review: Massage Heights

• Massage Heights

Nationwide
    USA

Massage Heights "pre-paid" Des Moines Nationwide

I wish I had read this report about Massage Heights before I enrolled in one of their memberships -- they completely and totally mislead you.

I am extremely busy.  I also believe very much in massage -- so to think I can "prepay" and book at my convenience was to say the least appealing.

However, you can never get a time that fits "your" schedule -- the therapist work part-time at best, so you either get someone who does nothing but give you a "oil bath" or you have to schedule a vacation day to get in.

I have 5 prepaid sessions -- and more coming!! I asked about cancelling, Oh you don't want to do that because then you have to pay the new price (which by the way I already got screwed on -- was to be $39.99 but for the last year I've been charged $49.99.  When I inquired about that, I was told "we called everyone and mailed out letters explaining the changes, as it really is $59. [continued below]....

.....99 and you are getting a discount" -- horse hockey!)  but we can put a freeze on your account.

How does that work, "we stop billing you the monthly, and we can freeze it for upto 6 months, then you would have to be billed another 3 months before we could do another freeze" Ok lets do that, it will give me a chance to use the ones I have, before anymore get "billed".  filled out the form to have this done.

Get a call from the "assistant manager" -- How long -- 6 months please, this was what I was told -- "oh, but you can't use any of your sessions while you account is on hold" WHAT? Why? I've paid for them, why can't I use them.... Well this is CORPORATE POLICY.  Well it is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.  I've paid for something and you are telling me I can't use it? NO, this is not how this works!!!! Better have someone calle me!

Manager Calls -- short story, well I can let you use one of them --pardon me? I have 5 hours,and if I freeze the account for 6 months, I should be able to use the 5 hours... but you WILL LET ME use 1? "Well the reason to freeze is people need to get caught up on bills, and finances and......" Time out -- I NEED TO GET CAUGHT UP ON TIME -- not money, I already have 5 sessions waiting, and each month I get another, as often as I CAN get in with the therapist that actually works for me, I will be 8 sessions outstanding by the end of the year -- how does this make sense?????

long and short -- DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS FIRM!!! Their practices are deceptive and almost criminal -- you pay for services you can't use --  AND THEY KNOW IT AND BANK ON IT -- this is probably why all the "good therapist" always leave!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2017 12:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/massage-heights/nationwide/massage-heights-pre-paid-des-moines-nationwide-1391557. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content