Complaint Review: Mastercard

• Mastercard
    Box 3030 Regina Sask. S4P 3G8
    Regina, Saskatchewan
    Canada

Mastercard First Credit Union Mastercard, Accepted online payment on closed account ; refuses to return by online payment Regina, Saskatchewan Canada

Two years ago I closed my account with CUETS Mastercard
My credit union online banking system by which I make all credit card payments
does not allow me to delete an account without going into my branch.

I didn't think this could be a problem.

I have another Mastercard account which is active.  Not with CUETS Mastercard.

I made a payment of over $1,200.00 on March 4th.
I clicked the wrong Mastercard i.d. on the screen.

When I got my March statement in the mail on March 19th, I saw it showed 'overdue'.

I discovered the problem.  I reported it to my Credit Union.  They said I can trace the payment through them for a fee, and get my money back.

Mastercard has told me they can issue me a cheque, and the refund will take up to forty-five days.  They refuse to refund me the balance online.  Their reason:  they only refund overpayments by cheque.

When I asked them if they would transfer the credit balance to my open Mastercard account, they said they could not, because my account with them is closed.

I asked them if I could charge an item of about $1,200.00 on my account, they said I could not, because the account has been closed.

When I asked why they had not rejected the payment on a closed account, they said this is not within their capability.  The gentleman said that they often get payments on closed accounts, and it is not their policy to reject them.

When I asked them if they would transfer the credit balance to my open Mastercard account, they said they could not, because the account is closed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2010 06:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/mastercard/regina-saskatchewan-s4p-3g8/mastercard-first-credit-union-mastercard-accepted-online-payment-on-closed-account-ref-583436. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content