Complaint Review: Mastery Charter Schools

• Submitted: Tue, August 08, 2017
  • Updated: Wed, August 09, 2017
  • Reported By: Jose — Philadelphia Pennsylvania U.S.A.
  • Mastery Charter Schools
    5700 Wayne Avenue
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    USA

Mastery Charter Schools Incredibly Unprofessional! Philadelphia Pennsylvania

Before and during the recession I had contacted Mastery Charter Schools for a teaching job. I am well experienced, am fluent in 4 languages, and teach within a high needs area. Fast forward to 2015, I filled out an application, not response. All of a sudden a recruitment woman contacted me with the bribe of a $4,000 bonus. My own child cannot attend either public or private schools because he is gifted. I could really use the sign on bonus to pay for private school. After many people had given me the warning that this a 'For Profit' school group with lobbyists I was hesitant but I went ahead with a phone interview. Oh, gee, why is it a principal or teacher is not interviewing me? A marketing strategist is asking me about how to teach a second grader? I have never taught one! I am middle school and high school certified. If I had shown up late or unprepared for an interview I would have been dismissed. It is truly OK for a marketing strategist to phone me from her home with a barking pitbull in the background? I received no response to the phone interview except a form letter at 2 am that they have many other candidates on file. Many other teachers with no certification or experience because it all boils down to saving money. Perhaps the day I stepped in a Mastery Charter School I should have known better. Tons of kids hitting each other after school and a receptionist in blue jeans.....Need I say more!

Well Mastery, you lost out...Keep up with your cult following of changing kids with remote, rehearsed instruction, instead of really giving them what they need. If your child wants to perform in a play or participate in robotics? Oh, wait, that doesn't raise test scores! No parent should place their children in these schools. Maybe I should ask if you can provide a reason why you can afford marketing strategists, and lobbyists, yet also pay bonuses for teachers and principals? Oh, wait! You have many silent investors that get tax write offs!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2017 11:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/mastery-charter-schools/philadelphia-pennsylvania-19144/mastery-charter-schools-incredibly-unprofessional-philadelphia-pennsylvania-1391430. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content