Report: #207022

• Updated: Sun, August 20, 2006
  • Reported By: Fort Worth Texas
  • Match.com

Internet,

Match.com dishonest fraud fake emails ripoff Internet

I let my membership expire this summer after one year on the website. Match asked the reason I was leaving and I answered that I was not getting any e-mail response from the men I was interested in.

Shortly after I got an email saying that I had a letter in my mailbox from someone interested in me and I had to rejoin to read it. I decided to try it again and the e-mail was supposedly from someone over 1500 miles away.

When I put the person's screenname in the search box it said there was no such account. I know that this letter came from someone inside the company and it was all a scam to get me to rejoin.

D
Fort Worth, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2006 01:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/matchcom/internet/matchcom-dishonest-fraud-fake-emails-ripoff-internet-207022. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content