Complaint Review: Match.com

Internet
    USA

Match.com MASSIVE amounts of spam Dallas Internet

*Consumer Comment: PAGES & PAGES FROM MATCH.COM

Avoid Match.com................you've been warned.

I signed up for a 6 month subscription because like most people, I wanted to try and find someone special. I was a bit of a pessimist when it comes to online dating but I went ahead and signed up. My geographical area is not the best so matches were not great but there were a few people I was interested in at first. It seems like a lot of girls in my area sign up and then never use their accounts past the trial period. This isn't match.com's fault but it makes my decision of signing up for a subscription a bad decision. I was more interested in signing up for the 6 month package because it included the 6 month guarantee.

Throughout my 6 month subscription, most of my matches hadn't been on the website in more than 3 weeks. How can I contact someone that isn't using their services anymore? Other times I contacted people that I was interested in with mixed results. My area does not have matches that work well for me because I am not from Alabama. My interests are very different than most girls....not all. Anytime I was interested, I did contact them but I'm not going to contact a girl just so that I can meet my "quota" for my 6 month guarantee as that would make me a horrible person......not really sure what Match wanted me to do there. The entire 6 months I was constantly harassed by women that were clearly spammers and were probably actually men. I had more spammers contact me than real legitimate users.

Here are some examples:

918819187CALLme@talkmatch.com

Text_205121997@talkmatch.com

testts424252274@talkmatch.com

txtsMe925397471@talkmatch.com

I altered one letter in each example just in case one of them was not a spammer but as you can see, clearly spammers. This is a SMALL fraction of those that I have received. Being someone that works in IT, I can assure you there are ways to stop this kind of spamming, Match doesn't care because it boosts the number of "eligible women" there are to lure in single guys. They told me I could report these users but there were too many and IT’S NOT MY JOB. Match could easily tell the ip's of those that are creating these accounts and verify it against that they live somewhere near where they are signing up. The spammers also change their locations constantly which should be an easy red flag and they'll hide their accounts so that you can't report them. I really don't believe that Match cares but that's just my opinion.

I called today because I just noticed they had auto-renewed my account. I am pretty sure that I had stopped the auto-renewal when I set my account but even if I hadn't, they should be gracious enough to refund my account. I hadn't received an Auto-renewal email and if I had, I would have checked again. Match refused to refund my auto-renewed subscription even if it had just been a few days. Talking with them made me realize what kind of company they really were and I would never recommend them. If you are a good company, you don't need to look up the fine print and argue with a customer. A good company would refund someone's money but they are banking on the fact that some people might forget to turn off the auto-renewal feature.

I had to call my credit card company today and get them to process a charge back. I was warned by Match.com that they would ban me from ever using their services again.......yeah....like I really would want to......

I don't really know what to suggest to people since Match or their parent company owns a lot of the dating websites. I guess go back to the old fashioned way? Just don't give your hard-earned money to this deceitful company.

****All of the statements above are my personal OPINION. I believe them to be factually correct but they are still just an opinion.*****

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2015 11:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/matchcom/internet/matchcom-massive-amounts-of-spam-dallas-internet-1274596. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

PAGES & PAGES FROM MATCH.COM

AUTHOR: MUDDYGURL - (United States of America)

Interesting how screwed upthat is. Here s what I saw from a long time female freind who met a HS frend on Match.com.

She met up with him years later,  via Mtch, and he showed how how he got REAMS of pages of women's names who were available from Match.com...he said he knew that far fewer men signed up, but was overwhelmed by how many pages and pages there were of names, and was lucky he even saw her name there.

Many sites prey on all normal human emotions and HOPE is the biggest..it happens for seniors, and also for BBW and other non-average perople.

Since they make so many charges  on auto renew they could do much better and just refund to keep their business name moe positive, and you didn't lose much at least.