Complaint Review: Match.com

• Reported By: michaellawson — Fort Worth Texas USA
  • Match.com

Nationwide
    USA

Match.com unauthorized charges after cancelling Nationwide

I was a member for a while, probably over a year, and had no complaint about the actual service.  I cancelled in November, 2016.  In their own billing history, there were no charges for over 5 months.  I did not reinstate the service, did not log into their site, and did not authorize new charges.  Then, apparently in February, 2017, they started billing my credit card again. I do not get a physical statement with detailed charges, and did not notice the charges from Match until this latest statemnt.

I called to make sure I was cancelled again, and to dispute the charges.  I thought at least they should be willing to refund the latest charge.  But no, they didn't even offer an apology.  The phone rep insisted there is no way to refund the charge, and in fact, there is no supervisor or manager available to escalate the call or complaint to.  That, everyone knows, is a blatant lie to stall and discourage people.  In fact, their business practice of billing without authorization borders on theft and criminal behavior.  I consider this company to be very unethical and even bordering on criminal.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/20/2017 12:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/matchcom/nationwide/matchcom-unauthorized-charges-after-cancelling-nationwide-1407564. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content