Complaint Review: Matt Williams

• Matt Williams
    407 Man Harrald Rd
    Hays, North Carolina
    USA

Matt Williams Williams Landscape Designs, Williams Landscape Solutions. FRAUD: Took Deposit Money and Performed No work North Wilkesboro, NC North Carolina

We hired Matt Williams based off of a Craigslist Ad on 5/25/2017 to perform patio repair work. Matt was prompt in his response and provided a quick quote. He was professional and presented as knowledgable about what he was doing. He required a $400 materials deposit to get the work started and projected to have the work completed in the next 2 weeks.

2 weeks went by and we did not hear from Matt. We attempted to call and text the number we had to no avail. I found him on facebook and did get a response. On 6/28/2017 Matt responded that he had put a check for the deposit money in the mail. Weeks went by and I did not receive a check. I tried to message him again on facebook and stopped recieving responses. After contacting close relatives, I was contacted by him threatening to go to the police for harassment.I again attempted to get him to return the deposit money. On 7/13/17 Matt again reported that he was sending a check. The next week, I contacted him again when nothing had been received. On 7/17/17 I was told that he had stopped payment on the check and sent a money order. A week has gone by and I have not received any payments.

In looking into this problem further, I have found that he has other reports filed against him. I am under the impression that this is his pattern.

Links to reports of him doing this previously:

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2017 01:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/matt-williams/hays-north-carolina-28635/matt-williams-williams-landscape-designs-williams-landscape-solutions-fraud-took-depos-1387602. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content