Complaint Review: Mayo McNeil

• Reported By: Johny Savage — Other USA
  • Mayo McNeil

Internet
    USA

Mayo McNeil aka Sanford Mill, Wesley McNeil Counterfeit Baseball Card Scam Aurora, Colorado Internet

So I had a very high-end card for sale up on eBay a couple of months ago. I was contacted by an eBay user that goes by the ID "patsfan90-1". He asked if I'd be willing to trade for some graded cards. I told him it'd have to be a good deal because I'd rather just have the cash. So he offers a 1986 Fleer Jordan rookie card graded PSA 10. The card I was selling was close in value to the Jordan card, and I've always wanted one so I agreed to the deal. He said that since I had good eBay feedback, he'd send me the Jordan card first and if I was satisfied, I could send my card.

I received the card quickly, and it looked legit. The PSA holder looked good and the card too. So I sent him my card.  I then received information from PSA that the card I had might be counterfeit. They offered to authenticate it for me. I should have done this first, before sending my card to him, and now I feel like an idiot. Turns out the card he sent me was a counterfeit. The card and the holder were fake.

I've confirmed with the FBI and a local Aurora, Colorado detective that Mayo McNeil is under investigation for this scam and he has scammed many other people before. The business name he used is United Paper Collectors. His son's name, Wesley McNeil, is the one associated with the ebay account. His son, Wesley, lives in Tucson, Arizona and does tax preparation in a trashy location.

Mayo now refuses to send my card back and claims he's not the one involved. I hope he rots in jail for the rest of his pathetic life.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2017 03:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/mayo-mcneil/internet/mayo-mcneil-aka-sanford-mill-wesley-mcneil-counterfeit-baseball-card-scam-aurora-colora-1372717. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content