Complaint Review: McAfee Network Associates

• Reported By:
  • McAfee Network Associates
    3965 Freedom Circle
    Santa Clara, California

McAfee Network Associates trashed my computer with faulty product and incompetent support then provided no further support Santa Clara California

Bought VirusScan 6.0 and select automatic updates. Automatic updates did not work and started interfering with operation of my computer. McAfee support directed me into a series of actions with resulted in completely trashing my computer such that I had to re-install the operating system and all applications.

As soon as they did this, they said it was not their problem any longer--it was Microsoft's problem, since the OS was trashed. Then they wouldn't talk to me any longer.

I know of another person who has suffered from the exact same problem.

Jim
Saratoga, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2002 11:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/mcafee-network-associates/santa-clara-california-95054/mcafee-network-associates-trashed-my-computer-with-faulty-product-and-incompetent-support-25191. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content