Complaint Review: McAfee Virus Protection

• Reported By: Edgewater Florida
  • McAfee Virus Protection
    www.McAfee.com
    New York, New York

McAfee Virus Protection McAfee Debits money for subscription renewal McAfee Software New York New York

McAfee has debited $89.99 from my bank account. Three years ago they took $35 as a renwal and I told them to take me off of their subscription renewal. I had McAfee because it came with a Dell computer I had bought.
That computer crashed about 5 months ago and I bought a HP with Norton. Norton works well! The $89.99 that McAfee took said it was for a 3 user renewal. I have never had 3 computers in this house and have never had a 3 user subscription. When I called about this the woman said I signed up for it and I told her that I didn't. I told her I wasn't going to argue with her and that I wanted my money back. She said it would take 5 Days!!!!
I'm very upset about this and wonder how many people have overdrawn accounts because of this. Not everyone can afford to have that amount of money taken without them knowing.

Tammy
Edgewater, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2008 05:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/mcafee-virus-protection/new-york-new-york-10036/mcafee-virus-protection-mcafee-debits-money-for-subscription-renewal-mcafee-software-new-y-337974. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content