Complaint Review: McAfee

• Reported By: Wasilla Alaska
  • McAfee
    www.mcafee.com
    Internet

McAfee Automatically charging my credit card for a service I don't use Internet Internet

We install McAfee a few years ago, but stopped using it and uninstalled it because it bogged the computer down. A couple of weeks ago, I get an email, confirming "my order" for renewal and a $70 charge on my credit card.

I went in to delete my credit card info, and it won't let you. It took forever to find a customer service number, but that left me on hold forever. I've been emailing back and forth and assured that the auto renew has been shut off, but as of yet they've not responded to my request for a credit.

I'm going to call my credit card company and see if they'll deny the charge.

Next, I'm going to try and get them to remove my credit card info from their files.

Never use McAfee.

Todd
Wasilla, Alaska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2008 12:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/mcafee/internet/mcafee-automatically-charging-my-credit-card-for-a-service-i-dont-use-internet-internet-298457. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content