Complaint Review: McAfee
- Phone: 972-963-8000
- Category: Computer Software
McAfee SpamKiller 5.1.2 RipOff Plano Texas
1. Live Chat Tech Support is an AI Robot. Questions are answered in the most bizarre manner, not consistent with a REAL person. I've tried it 3 times and could not verify that the "person" on the other end was alive. Try it for yourself - ask a question that is not already in the FAQ database, like "What is your name? or Where do you live?" - you may be surprised.
2. SP5 HELP area within the program - the link to the online Customer Service page is unavailable! Huh?
3. Blocking Messages feature within Outlook Express does not perform as advertised. Dialog box always reads "This message can not be blocked." Yet, when the Blocked Messages icon is pressed, the email you wanted to block sometimes shows up there!
4. Reporting and Clearing blocked Messages is a time-consuming chore. It seems as if McAfee did this on purpose to frustrate the consumer. I finally learned that CTRL A would highlight all the messages in order to delete them.
5. This is not a user-friendly program. It should be simple: A spam appears, you click it, you hit the Block Message button and McAfee receives, catalogs, blocks any future spams from the company/ISP/address and removes any other similar emails from your Inbox - allowing you to review the process and make any corrections before you log off.
Finally, I agree with the other reports on the fact that since installing McAfee, I have NEVER received so many spam emails, especially those that are porno/adult in nature. It makes one think that someone at McAfee has made a devil's deal with the spammers, releasing our addresses to them. How else can they explain the increase in spam AFTER installation of SpamKiller?
SpamKiller should be renamed SpamCaller, as it seems to call out for MORE spam, not less! A tiresome, useless piece of software. McAfee will NEVER be on my computers again.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2004 09:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/mcafee/plano-texas/mcafee-spamkiller-512-ripoff-plano-texas-120107. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here: