In March of 2001, I started investigating getting a cell phone. I settled on WorldCom Wireless and subscribed by mid-March. The first couple of months were fine. I got regular bills and paid them. Then all of a sudden the bills stopped coming in. I called their customer service, and they said there was a problem with the "billing apparatus" and that I would start being billed again soon.
Several months later, i got a bill for 800 dollars for 3 months of calls! This made no sense; i was making about the same amount of calls as the previuos months all of a sudden my bills shot up 300% I made several unsuccessful attempts talk to someone about this, unsuccessfully. Then the phone stopped working. I literally spent hours and hours on hold trying to work this out with their cutomer service. they told me it wasn't due to negligence on my bill that the phone didn't work, gave me a code to enter into the phone which would fix the problem. and also told me they'd resend a bill with the expenses broke down in a clear way.
Well, the phone never worked and I continued to get billed for monthly charges! I've given up trying to reach them, half the time I get a busy signal -- for a huge company, like world com! The other half of the time I get put on hold for 45 minutes. On those rare occasion where I do get through, you get information that is never correct!
I will not pay them a dime without a clear bill that breaks down the calls, nor will pay for months where the phone did not work!
Furthermore I expect to be compensated for Worldcom's breach of contract -- horrendous customer service and a for providing phone they were unable to make work!
I am interested in filing a class action law suit. If such a suit occurs, someone please let me know.
Thanks, Matthew W
PS This is only one of two world com wireless accounts that I am fighting.