Complaint Review: Mediacom

• Reported By: leora313 — Des Moines Iowa United States of America
  • Mediacom

Internet, Iowa
    United States of America

Mediacom I take time off work, no one shows, and I have to keep the broken box because I'm under contract! Internet, Iowa

*UPDATE Employee: Mediacom Support

I took two hours off of work to get my cable box fixed.  It has never worked properly.  The repair guy never showed up.  So, I have a broken product.  I can't return it, because I'm under contract.  They want $230.00 to change alter my broken system. I asked to speak to a manager and was hung up on.  Avoid this company at all costs!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2012 11:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/mediacom/internet-iowa-50310/mediacom-i-take-time-off-work-no-one-shows-and-i-have-to-keep-the-broken-box-because-i-959960. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Mediacom Support

AUTHOR: Mediacom Support - (USA)

I can understand your frustration with the missed appointment.  You would not be subject to an early termination fee to switch out the box, the only times you would be responsible for an early termination fee is when the service is either downgraded or canceled during the contract period, however you can switch out equipment with no issue.  If you would like to send me an email with your phone number or account number to SocialMediaTeam@mediacomcc.com I can look into what happened with the technician as well as work to getting the box replaced.

-James