Complaint Review: MedicalAlert

• MedicalAlert
    2193 West Chester Pike
    Broomall, Pennsylvania
    USA

MedicalAlert ConnectAmerica and other names DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY, THEY WILL LIE TO YOU Broomall Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: Re: Alex's response to my comments

*UPDATE Employee: Medical Alert Values Our Customers

When my elderly mother was living at home we set up a MedicalAlert system for her. Then we moved her into an assisted living facility. I gave them my charge card to bill each three months. The problems started when I cancelled the service and returned the equipment. As an Attorney, I know to always have proof of delivery. They first called and told me they never received the equipment and they would bill my credit card. They I reminded them that I had proof of delivery via certified mail.  Then all of a sudden they said they did receive the equipment, but it was late and they would bill my credit card for three months service. Again, I told them I had proof of delivery. The lady then said again my credit card would be billed. Being wise to these scams as an attorney, I had cancelled the card at the same time I returned the equipment. I told the lady to feel free to bill the card if she wanted but the card was dead and buried. She then hung up the phone in my face. This company goes by other names--so beware they are crooks. Pleae do not fall for this scam. They are nothing but crooks and have several different company names. Hank Edwards

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2017 03:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/medicalalert/broomall-pennsylvania-19008/medicalalert-connectamerica-and-other-names-do-not-do-business-with-this-company-they-wi-1377276. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Re: Alex's response to my comments

AUTHOR: - ()

Of course the company is going to try to defend their poor service. Read reviews about MedicalAlert from several sites and you will find a common thread. The customer service is horrible when you try to cancel the service and they will continue to bill your credit card as long as possible. I suspected this and cancelled my credit card when I returned their equipment. A customer just should not have to do this. It was interesting when the female company rep told me they never received the equipment and when I told her I had a certified mail receipt she acknowledged they did receive it. THE BEST WAY TO STOP THE SERVICE WITH THIS COMPANY IS JUST NEVER BEGIN USING THEM. ONCE THEY HAVE YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO THEY WILL CONTINUE BILLING.

Attorney Hank

Medical Alert Values Our Customers

AUTHOR: Alex M'Alert - (USA)

Hi Hank - As a reviews manager for Medical Alert, I would like to respond to your complaint with some clarifications.

As a company that places great value on its A+ BBB rating, we do not scam our customers.

We also do not oeprate under multiple names. Medical Alert is the name of our line of medical safety devices, and the parent company that owns Medical Alert is called Connect America.  Here's the parent company website if you would like to learn more about the products and services offered by Connect America: https://connectamerica.com.  If you would like to learn speficially about Medical Alert, please visit www.medicalalert.com.

As background, when an individual calls about one of our medical safety devices, our Medical Alert call center asks questions about the person's lifestyle and need for the device, then offers several options, and the pricing for each is clearly outlined. The customer then purchases the device that is right for their lifestyle.

If a customer changes their mind and would like to return their medical alert device, they just need to call customer service and we will create a return shipping label for that person. Sometimes it takes a few days to scan the return and see it in the system.

Please reach out to us at  CustomerResolutions@medicalalert.com to discuss how we can sort any remaining issues you may have and remove you/your Mom from our system completely.

Thank you!