Complaint Review: Melanie Slaughter

• Melanie Slaughter
    2337 E. Silver Springs Blvd
    Ocala, Florida
    USA

Melanie Slaughter Julia Melanie Slaughter, J. Melanie Slaughter, Julia Slaughter Another attorney takes your money and RUNS Ocala Florida

*Author of original report: Watch the YouTube video on Melanie Slaughter

*Consumer Comment: same thing happened to us

*Author of original report: Melanie Slaughter says her office never called me...

My story is the exact same story many of Melanie Slaughter's clients. I will be surpsied if she will have any idea which client writes this.

If you don't feel like reading this entire report, just know that she took our money and did do anything. Slaughter and her office then do not pick up phone calls of clients after they pay.

My story:

1) I made a mistake in my life and was sentenced to a small amount of time in jail. I did my time, was released, and moved on with my life, I had a baby and everthing was great.

2) Due to clerk error, my sentence was not marked as completed. So YEARS later they came and made me re-serve my sentence.

3) I paid Melanie Slaughter to file a motion to correct the sentence. She took the money and said she filed the motion.

4) I am in jail and MONTHS go by of her ignoring my calls. I see her in the jail and she completely forgets who I am!

5) I have a friend contact her office as a new client so we can speak to her. [continued below]....

.....  He reveals that he is trying to get progress information about an exisiting client.

6) On this recorded call She says she filed a motion and they are waiting for a response from the judge.

7) My friend called the clerks office (also on a recorded call) who confirmed there was NO MOTION filed by Slaughter, only the handwritten one by me in desperation.

8) As an insult to injury, she Clerks Office receptionist knows this fraudulent attorney by name and suggested getting a different attorney. She was hysterical laughing !! Take a look at the transcript

Remember, she took my money based on the merit of my case. She convinced me she could get me out immediately. I gave her everything I had.

My last resort is to simply file a bar complaint. I am stuck in jail serving the same sentence twice with no ability to defend myself until I get out. I hope this report warns other people not to fall into her trap.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2017 07:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/melanie-slaughter/ocala-florida-34470/melanie-slaughter-julia-melanie-slaughter-j-melanie-slaughter-julia-slaughter-another-1347767. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

2Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Watch the YouTube video on Melanie Slaughter

AUTHOR: - ()

This is a little video about Slaughter on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZJ-Y0wJMn4

same thing happened to us

AUTHOR: melrey - (United States of America)

I can totally agree with your complaint because she did the same thing to my husband and I . She took our money and then kied about filing on my husband case . She even lied in open court . Because of her my Husband spend 97 days in jail causing him to loose his job , list our vehicle and our house . We have also filed a complaint with the Florida Bar . The judges continually over look her lies and let her get away with her theft and behavior . She needs to be stopped !!!!!

Melanie Slaughter says her office never called me...

AUTHOR: - ()

Okay well attached at the call logs showing her office did in fact call me .