Complaint Review: Merchants Auto

• Merchants Auto
    1278 Hooksett Rd, Hooksett, NH 03106
    Internet
    United States of America

Merchants Auto Advertising misleading, Car Fax report questionable, long wait for car pick up Internet

*General Comment: A little Clarity

I purchased a 2007 Toyota Yaris from Merchants in June of 2012, 6 months later I needed wheel bearings and all that goes with them and 2 new tires because the belts were broken on the original ones.
The local advertising said several things; free Car Fax over 100 point inspection on ALL car and"up to $1500 down and we'll double it". I was fooled: I put $1500 down and was told I didn't qualify for the doubling. I was given a Car Fax report that showed the car had 1 owner, I was impressed. Since I'm not a constant user of Car Fax the free report from Merchants sounded great, looked great. Either they forgot a page or somehow the front end collison the car was in didn't get reported? Hmmm
The 100 point inspection on all vehicles coming in. Any car failing that inspection they don't sell. They missed a few things on my car! I took the car to a Toyota Dealer; it appears the car had been in a front end collison at one time, not listed on the Car Fax; the front tires had broken belts, Merchants told me they were new, I guess their inspections don't cover tires; front wheel bearings needed replacement, I thought the wear on bearsing would give a good mechanic an idea of time left in service. IF the bearings were worn enough they should be replaced, they missed mine.
I recorded my complaint and copied the bill, sent it to Merchants for review and hope of a chat as to what went wrong and possibly some assistance on the over $700 bill. I didn't and still haven't received a response....their ads continue. Don't be fooled, ask questions and look for proof.
When I went to pick up my car I had to wait over 2 1/2 hours. The slesman was waiting on several people at the same time. I got placed at one seat to another since other sales mane needed the spot. I ended up standing inthe middle of the showroom waiting. If only I was told by the saleman I would not have wasted so much time waiting. I would have made an appointment.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2013 08:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/merchants-auto/internet/merchants-auto-advertising-misleading-car-fax-report-questionable-long-wait-for-car-pic-1008478. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 General Comment

A little Clarity

AUTHOR: Bubba Lee - (Canada)

I believe you were ripped of, but maybe not the way you think

Modern Hub based wheel bearings usually dont get replaced until they are noisy or loose. They can't be disassembled and inspected.

The tires should have caused a shake if they were "Bad" during the inspection. So missed? Faulty tires? Who Knows.

Finally: CarFax Notorious for being incomplete and falsified. If the accident wasn't reported to a REPORTING insurance company the crash won't be on there.

So did the dealer Ripp you off: Yes

But there is enough evidence to say they did it by not providing the after sale support they should have rather than intentionally sold you a faulty car.

So tell your friends to avoid Merchants because they are A holes rather than knowingly selling a bad car, Because you can't prove they knew the car was bad.