Complaint Review:

• Updated: Mon, May 27, 2013

• Reported By: Mellissa Hewitt — North East Maryland
Meritdirect Insurance
2 International Drive Rye Brook, New York USA

Meritdirect Insurance sent check $1992.42 for services rendered as secret shopper Rye Brook New York

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

I received a letter and check for $1992.42 stating that $350 of this was for payment of doing 2 assignments visit the website to get assignments.  I visited the website and used the user ID and password that was on the letter.

My 2 assignments was to be sending $850 through Western Union with information as follows:

Receiver Name: Walp Hewitt

City: Madrid

State: Madrid

Country: Spain

Then I was to scan and send copy to scans@meritdirectinsure.com or fax:631-772-9911

Assignment #2 was to shop at Walmart, Cosco, Best Buy or Home Depot with the sum of $60.42 and what was purchased was to be mine as a bonus.

I'm glad I looked into this because I had signed up to be a secret shopper and was about to deposit the check.  Between my husband and I we were worried about depositting a check without having this amount in my account, so I refused to deposit it until I did further research.  I am so glad I found this!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2013 05:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/meritdirect-insurance/rye-brook-new-york-10573/meritdirect-insurance-sent-check-199242-for-services-rendered-as-secret-shopper-rye-br-1054209. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Meritdirect Insurance