Complaint Review: Met Life Home Loans

• Submitted: Wed, December 05, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, December 05, 2012
  • Reported By: Michele — Egg Harbor Township New Jersey United States of America
  • Met Life Home Loans
    4000 Horizon Way, Suite 100
    Irving, Texas
    United States of America

Met Life Home Loans Fraud, string along, ask for same information over and over again, never talk to the same person, Irving, Texas

MetLife Home loans is my mortgage company.  I went to them to request a loan modification.  I had all the criteria: 1. a Fannie Mae mortgage, 2. lost an income when my husband passed away and 3. lost my job and had to collect unemployment for almost 2 years.

I started the process in April 2012.  I called every week and talked to someone different every time and was given different advice every time.  After stringing me along for so long all the information was outdated and had to be updated.  I kept resending the same information over and over again.

In June 2012 I acquired a good paying job and infomed MetLife of that fact.  By this time I was 4 months behind on my mortgage and needed the modification to bring me current.  In July I received a call from a very rude female stating I was turned down because I didn't make any money.

I was incredulous but immediately started the process all over again by filling out a new 710 form and updated bank statements paystubs and so on.  As time passed I became proactive and kept providing updated statements and paystubs.  By this time I was in a foreclosure status and had to deal with a law firm.

I had no ability to make a mortgage payment on line or over the phone.  The answer I was given was that the account was now in short sale review because I was turned down the first time for a loan modification.  I have equity in my home and not under water so why would I have to have a short sale.

It is now Dec 2012.  My mortgage is current which MetLife made as painful as possible.  Last week I called MetLife just for fun.  I was told that my information was outdated and I needed to fill out all new paperwork.

I have given up dealing with MetLife and decided to file a report wherever I can.  I'm sure you all have horror stories about some mortgage bankers and it is time we fought back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2012 04:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/met-life-home-loans/irving-texas-75063/met-life-home-loans-fraud-string-along-ask-for-same-information-over-and-over-again-ne-978373. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content