Complaint Review: Metabank

• Reported By: add me to the list — Minneapolis Minnesota
  • Metabank

Internet
    USA

Metabank shut down account without telling me: refused to give reason Internet

I just had to add to the chorus of complaints here regarding metabank. I had a western union "moneywise" reloadable debit card for about a month. used it to top up my phone, receive gift money from friends, had my work direct deposit set up etc. one day out of the blue i could not log in. I called western union who told me to call Metabank.

I called metabank and was told that the account was permanently shut down. I said "is there a reason" and the agent on the phone said "its at the discretion of the bank." I asked him to repeat himself as I was floored that this actually occured seemingly out of nowhere and for no reason, and he said the same thing.

I googled and found this page and it was nice to know i am not alone. I will never, ever use any product by this company ever again. Its infuriating to say the least.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2013 09:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/metabank/internet/metabank-shut-down-account-without-telling-me-refused-to-give-reason-internet-1071724. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content