Complaint Review: Metro PCS

• Metro PCS

Nationwide
    USA

Metro PCS BUYER BEWARE of Metro PCS Nationwide

Okay, I admit, I currently use Metro PCS as my carrier for cell phone service. On February 15, 2014, I wanted to change out my wife's cell phone. So I ordered a Samsung Mega from the online department of Metro PCS (for the benefit of Metro PCS, the order number is o360238486). I paid almost $500 for it, which I thought was a bargain. When the phone arrived, it did not meet the expected specifications, so I returned it promptly for a refund. By February 26, 2014, it was already in their possession. Ever since then, I have periodically called Metro PCS to find out about my refund. The script I get every time is that they (the online department) will send an e-mail to the department handling the refund so that they can speed it up.

Today is April 5, 2014 and I still don't have my money. Again, the Metro PCS agent said she would send an e-mail ... And then when I expressed my displeasure she told me to go ahead and do whatever I planned to do, hence this write up.

I seriously considered changing carriers at this point, but you know what, when this is all over, I want them to feel stuck with me the way I have had to hold my nose to deal with them over the years. In the meantime, I want fellow consumers to be aware of the following:

Metro PCS is a pre-paid plan company, so if you owe them for even one day, they will cut your service. If they are efficient at that, why do they need 2 months or more to refund a client?

It used to be that you could use your Metro PCS phone anywhere they had a presence in the whole of the United States at no extra charge. But now, you may need to pay for roaming if you go to certain places. Look out!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2014 11:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/metro-pcs/nationwide/metro-pcs-buyer-beware-of-metro-pcs-nationwide-1136562. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content