Complaint Review: Metrocall

• Metrocall
    1705 N. 1st St. Ste B.
    San Jose, California

Metrocall ripoff cheated employees San Jose California

I was layed off from Metrocall in March of 2001. They decided to close the San Jose, Ca store. Upon being layed off they gave me a severance of 1 week pay.
I had owed money to them for sick pay. I over extended my sick pay when I went on maternity leave. So they told me that they would have to take my last pay check and 14 hours from my severance.
Sounds fair? Yes it was fair, now for the screwed part. I never recieved my last pay check stub, to check for my records, not did I recieve my remainder severance. They owe me 26 hours worth and have not paid.
I called for 4 months straight every day. I was always being dropped into voice mail boxes. No one returned my call.
And now they are filing chapter 11.... There are many more misdeeds done by them to their employees, so many that I could write a novel!

Rebecca
Sunnyvale, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2002 10:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/metrocall/san-jose-california/metrocall-ripoff-cheated-employees-san-jose-california-22947. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content