Complaint Review: MetroFax

• Reported By: Ron — Knoxville Tennessee
  • MetroFax

Hollywood, California
    USA

MetroFax Bought by J2 Global Communications J2 buys Metrofax, service deteriorates; refuses to refund Hollywood California

I discovered that J2 bought MetroFax when I started having problems receiving and sending faxes.  There was a new interface that was almost counter-intuitive.  There were delays in sending and confirming sends; one important fax was rejected. When I complained, I learned that MetroFax was no longer MetroFax.

My previous fax service was EFax -- which I left because service deteriorated -- and signed up with MetroFax.  While researching, I learned that J2 bought EFax and EFax bought MetroFax ... AHA!

I decided to change Fax services. When I tried to port out my number I was told that MetroFax owned it and would not transfer it.

Unlike all of my other "automatic" payments, I did not receive a notice of any kind from MetroFax that it was going to "automatically" charge my account.  I never signed or authorized any access to my MetroFax account after J2/Efax took over.  J2/Efax did not send any notice that it was "assuming" that further use of the MetroFax account constituted an "agreement" to form a contract with J2/Efax.  J2/Efax also never gave notice that it was "assuming" I agreed to its Terms of Service "effective December 1, 2013" nor did it send a copy by snail mail, email, or .... FAX!

Today, my credit card was hit with an annual charge from MetroFax.  I immediately logged on MetroFax and requested "live" chat -- after about 20 minutes, I called customer service.  Nice young man, very pleasant, canceled the account for me. When I asked about refunding the payment, he said that no refunds were permitted after a charge was made. I  told him I understood that he had to follow his instructions but that I was going to challenge the charge with my bank ... and spread the word about J2/EFax/MetroFax.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2014 01:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/metrofax/hollywood-california/metrofax-bought-by-j2-global-communications-j2-buys-metrofax-service-deteriorates-refu-1132220. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content