Complaint Review: MetroPCS

• MetroPCS
    PO Box 601119
    Dallas, Texas
    USA

I thought it was a good price, $40 per month for andriod phone service. I even got a reminder to pay my bill the first month, August 2013 However, this month September, I tried to use my phone on 8/22/13. a Sunday.  I get a message my phone service is suspended for nonpayment on 9/20

I immediately checked text messages and there is a message reminder to pay received on 9/21/2013 ... but the payment was supposed to be 9/20/2013. Fine lot of good that does to remind me the Day After!What if it had been an emergency??? I could be dead or stranded somewhere. Moreover, when I looked up the contact I cannot contact them except ByPhone  or a post office box address!

I plugged in the contact phone number which is 8008METRO8 ... trouble is my phone key dial pad does not have alpha characters ... they did not have the courtesy of including the translation for number to alpha characters ... so I had to look up on the internet to get the translation.

Very annoying.  Also, cutting off my service is probably against the law ... if someone is only a day late and they receive a reminder the Day After the payment is due something should be done.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2013 01:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/metropcs/dallas-texas-75360/metropcs-dont-be-late-or-youre-cut-off-and-other-stuff-dallas-texas-1086405. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

You do not have a valid complaint

AUTHOR: coast - ()

"Your intention is obvious"

My intention is to point out that you do not have a valid complaint.

"You completely ignored my concern about having access to phone service for emergencies."

You ignored my statement that you can call 911 from a cell phone with disabled service.

"You also ignored the fact that the company made a mistake to remind the customer a Day Late"

A responsible adult doesn't need to be reminded of their financial obligations.

"Why cut off phone service?  This never happened with anyother carrier."

That statement implies that you have a history of failing to pay before the due date.

Your intention is obvious.

AUTHOR: IvyGrad - ()

Oh wise guy.  You most likely work for MetroPCS.  You completely ignored my concern about having access to phone service for emergencies. You also ignored the fact that the company made a mistake to remind the customer a Day Late ... a lot of good that does to even send a reminder if it is after the due date.  What genius thought that up?  I was only a day late.  Why cut off phone service?  This never happened with anyother carrier. Move over, son.  I think more people than you will understand the outrage this caused.  Punitive measures for being a day late is unreasonable.

Auto pay is the way

AUTHOR: coast - ()

"this month September, I tried to use my phone on 8/22/13"

September is the ninth month of the year (not the eighth).

"What if it had been an emergency?"

You can call 911 from a cell phone with disabled service.

"I could be dead"

Well, then it's no longer an emergency.

"Also, cutting off my service is probably against the law"

It's legal to discontinue service due to your failure to pay.

"if someone is only a day late and they receive a reminder the Day After the payment is due something should be done"

Good point. The customer should set up auto pay or remember their financial obligations.