Complaint Review: michigan wayne county friend of the court

• Submitted: Thu, November 21, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, November 21, 2002
  • Reported By: algonac Mi
  • michigan wayne county friend of the court
    645 Griswold
    Detroit, Michigan

michigan wayne county friend of the court mistreated and ripped off Detroit Michigan

Classic procedures by Wayne County Friend of the Court. I was mailed a show cause for April, 2002 in which I appeared. There was a dispute on my arrears so they postponed it for six months. I was never notified of a new court date, but get a call from my ex that there's going to be a bench warrant for my arrest. I have a $1000.00 cash bond if I get arrested.

After several phone calls wanting to clear this up, the buck was passed to at least 5 different phone numbers, and everyone said they don't handle it. Including the clerk from the office of the Judge that ordered the bench warrant.

I received it in the mail two weeks ago, then had a officer friend of mine check on it for me. Surprise it don't show up in the system.

The only answer I got from foc. was to go down there, give them a thousand dollars, that I don't get back by the way.

Then its possible I could be arrested while doing that, or if I dispute it go down there and file a motion, and then I could get arrested. All this for a screw up on their part. My arrears are $32.00 oh boy.

Douglas
Detroit, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2002 06:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/michigan-wayne-county-friend-of-the-court/detroit-michigan/michigan-wayne-county-friend-of-the-court-mistreated-and-ripped-off-detroit-michigan-35868. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content