Complaint Review: Microsoft Corporation

• Reported By: Highjland Heights Kentucky
  • Microsoft Corporation
    One Microsoft Way
    Redmond, Washington

Microsoft - XBOXMicrosoft Corporation - XBOX 360 Died after only a few months. I want to start a class actio lawsuit Redmond Washington

*Author of original report: Microsoft exporting xbox's for repair

I Purchased an XBOX 360 in March of 2008. In November of 2008 my XBOX 360 powered on with an E74 error. So on Thanksgiving day morning I called Microsoft and ordered a coffin to return it in.

The Box arrived about a week later and I shipped it back. I believe it took 2 more weeks to get the XBOX back. When I got the XBOX back it was LOUD...VERY LOUD. So I called Microsoft again and ordered a box to send it back in. In a week or so after sending it in I got it back and it was in the same condition it was in when I sent it out.

I called tech support and they told me that the repair center said that there was nothing wrong with it. I immediately opened a BBB claim that has been opened since December and they really don't care or do anything to help get a working unit.

I also opened a ticket with "Washington Consumer Protection" who also really isn't doing much to get a replacement.

The last thing I did was contact advocate@microsoft.com and they said they would make sure that my xbox's fans were replaced...so I sent the xbox back in and a week later I received an xbox whose DVD tray didn't open and close properly. I am still without a working XBOX 360

But my complaint here isn't about my XBOX...its the fact that they are doing this to THOUSANDS of people...and some people just give up.

I am looking for anyone in Kentucky who is or wants to start a class action suit against Microsoft.

Sean at advocate@microsoft.com informed me that Microsoft uses TIN solder instead of lead solder which has a tendency to fail quicker than lead solder when around heat. (SEAN A rep at advocate@microst.com actually told me this).

Sean also told me that the instructions that you get with your xbox 360s are written wrong. They should clearly state to plug the xbox power directly into a wall and not into a surge strip because it will damage the xbox and/or the power brick. (again quotes from sean at advocate@microsoft.com).

The next thing I found out is that Microsoft's repair center in Texas...isn't Microsoft it is a company called Jabil. See Jabil.com.

I am sick of dealing with Microsoft. Sick of empty promises and being insulted...and being told not to try to email executives because they don't care. I was told NOT TO email advocate@microsoft.com because the executives don't want to hear my problems. A guy named Jordan told me that. He made it a point to let me know that I was annoying them.

So here it is Middle of January and I'm waiting for yet another XBOX 360 with hopes that it will work, but not high hopes.

So anyone in Kentucky who wants to join me in making a statement..let me know.

My friggin Atari from the 1980s still works...m xbox 360 should last at least 5 years.

After I asked Jordan about extending my warranty he made a nice statement saying "Well you could get a 2 year extended warranty and by then a new console would be out". (HOLY ****)

I've had it.

Feel free to email me

joe . oldendick at gmail.com

Joeoldendick
Highjland Heights, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2009 08:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/microsoft-corporation/redmond-washington-98052-7329/microsoft-xboxmicrosoft-corporation-xbox-360-died-after-only-a-few-months-i-want-to-s-412674. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Microsoft exporting xbox's for repair

AUTHOR: Joeoldendick - (U.S.A.)

The shipping box you recieve might say Texas and Microsoft will tell you that there is a repair center in Texas, but I just confirmed by talking to someone from Jabil.com that these Defective XBOX 360's that Microsoft is selling are actually going to Mexico for repair.

Jabil.com repairs them and apparently has full control of the repair process which is why Microsoft can't do "anything" to help you or give you a new one.

They have swept the unfortunate owners of the XBOX 360 owners under the carpet.