Complaint Review: Microsoft

• Reported By: rachelhargrave32 — Sabina Ohio
  • Microsoft

Redmond, Washington
    USA

Microsoft False advertising and lying about repairs on Microsoft Surface RT Redmond Washington

*Consumer Suggestion: Warranty doesn't cover physical damage

My surface came broken from a third party from amazon and my surface has a warranty on it and I sent it in the be fixed well they said it cant be fixed because it had a cracked screen and it would cost extrea because it is not under warranty for the cracked screen . If you look online I have done research and there is all kinds of complaints this device should have never had a cracked screen to begin with according to their ads . They claim it is none brakeable. Also They are wanting to charge everyone including me 209 extra to repair the device . They told me they bend over backwards for people . No they dont I am in college to become a funeral director and burying people for free is bending over backwards for people . These guys have done nothing to help anyone other then to lie none stop to the public . They also do a roto email that says we will have your new device out in 2 days max . Talking about getting your hopes up for nothing. Also their tech people tell you the samething in person.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2014 07:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/microsoft/redmond-washington-98052/microsoft-false-advertising-and-lying-about-repairs-on-microsoft-surface-rt-redmond-wa-1114143. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Warranty doesn't cover physical damage

AUTHOR: TeeJay - ()

The ripoff isn't with Microsoft, it's with the "third party" you bought it from.  I would demand your money back from them.  They sent you a damaged product that a warranty won't cover.  A cracked screen is considered physical damage and voids the warranty.  I read the warranty and it clearly states this.

And no, the screen is not considered unbreakable.  It uses a scratch resistant screen, but it's not unbreakable.  This is why I don't use Amazon anymore.  The few times I used them, there was always product issues.  Contact the original seller and demand your money back, or dispute the charges since they sent you a damaged product.  And no, I don't work for Microsoft.