Complaint Review: midland credit management inc

• Submitted: Wed, November 02, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, January 20, 2012
  • Reported By: angie upset — morningview Kentucky United States of America
  • midland credit management inc
    p.o. box 60578
    los angeles, California
    United States of America

midland credit management inc fingerhut credit advantage midland credit management is sending me a pre approved discount program for a bill that i do not owe to fingerhut credit advantage with the account number of ************7385 in the amount of $1,142.4 los angeles, California

*Consumer Comment: They are a total scam

i recieved a leter from midland credit management , inc. stating that i have been pre approved for a discount program disigned to save me money. act now to maximize your savings and put this debt behind you. i do not owe this debt which is to original creditor fingerhut credit advantage in the amount of $1,142.47 i do not owe this money i have not purchased anything from fingerhut in probably 16 years and i have never purchased anything in this amount. so i am very upset to keep getting these mailing for something that i do not owe. help me please.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2011 01:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/midland-credit-management-inc/los-angeles-california-90060-0578/midland-credit-management-inc-fingerhut-credit-advantage-midland-credit-management-is-send-794304. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

They are a total scam

AUTHOR: Graham1954 - (United States of America)

I found two debts listed on my credit report from them for debts I have never had so I disputed them. Now here's where it gets really funny.

They wrote to me asking me to prove these debts had been paid!!  Obviously I haven't replied as it's up to them to prove to the credit agencies that these debts are valid and not up to me to prove otherwise to them!

I truly believe that this is just a ploy on their part to get me to acknowledge a debt I never owed and they know that they have no way to show the credit agencies that these debts are genuine.

So my recommendation is if you get a letter from these people use Quizzle.com to get a 100% free credit report and if they are listed then dispute it and ignore any requests from them.  This is what I did and they were both removed after 28 days :)