Complaint Review: Midland Funding - Cohen & Slamowitz

Woodbury, New York
  • Phone: 516-364-6006
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

This weekend my ex-husband went to cash a check at his bank and was told the acct. was frozen because I owed money on a credit card. I have no access to this checking acct. as it is used for house bills where I am living with my kids. My ex takes care of all the bills. Because my SSN was on the acct. they froze it. I was never served a supoena or any letter from this co. Is is legal to freeze an acct. without a supoena? I have been divorced since 1995 and have not worked or filed taxes in 27 yrs. as I have no income except child support. As you can imagine my ex is furious. What can I do in this situation? I need help.

Redhead
Brooklyn, New York
U.S.A.a>

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2007 09:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/midland-funding-cohen-slamowitz/woodbury-new-york-11797/midland-funding-cohen-slamowitz-frozen-bank-account-woodbury-new-york-279010. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

You need to file Bar Association complaints against EVERY "lawyer" involved!

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Redhead,

These lowlife engaged in what is known as "sewer service". They knowingly served an old, or totally bogus address knowing that you would not get it and would not respond.

This is how they quickly moved for the default judgement and the subsequent garnishment of your bank account and/or wages.

This practice is both illegal and unethical. You need to get copies of every peice of paper in the transaction to prove fraud, and then get these clowns disbarred. Get all of the filings on the case from the court, and from your bank.

Do this right away.

Then, after you file the complaints, file a countersuit against them for your lost time and expenses, etc.

DON'T let them get away with this!!

Cohen & Slamowitz - the results

AUTHOR: Redhead - (U.S.A.)

I went to court and the judgement was vacated. Why!!! The person in front of me at court was NOT served properly (subpeona never received) by the same law firm. When it was my turn and it was the same law firm and I was complaining that I never received a subpeona either, the judge vacated and my ex-husband's acct. was unfrozen. Now I have to appear in court again in Dec. for a self-representing bench trial. I have no idea what that means or what I have to bring with me. I have not worked in 27 yrs., have no bank accts. etc. What happens now?