Complaint Review: Midland Funding LLC

• Reported By: Southfield Michigan
  • Midland Funding LLC
    8875 Aero Sr Ste 200 San Diego California
    Novi, Michigan

Midland Funding LLC Non-Jury Trial DO I HAVE A LEG TO STAND ON! DO I PAID? Novi Michigan

I AM BEING SUED BY MIDLAND CREDIT. I HAVE FOR YEARS DISPUTED THIS ACCOUNT AND ASKED THEM TO VALIDATE THAT THIS WAS MY ACCOUNT WHICH WAS NEVER DONE; MY MISTAKE WAS THAT I DIDN'T SEND IT CERTIFY MAIL. THE ACCOUNT WAS WITH SBC FOR $545.00 4/2001.

WHEN I REC'D THE NOTICE THAT MIDLAND WAS SUING ME I RESPONSED TO COURT STATING THAT I HAVE DISPUTED THIS ACCOUNT AS NOT MINE; AND MIDLAND FUNDING HAS NEVER VALIDATED ACCT AND THAT IT WAS OVER MI STATUE OF LIMITATIONS 6YRS. I REC'D A NOTICE TO APPEAR FOR MEDIATION WITH ATTY FOR MIDLAND CREDIT.

IN MEDIATION THE ATTY INFORMED ME THAT THE JUDGMENT WAS FILED MARCH 14, 08 JUST BEFORE THE LIMITED WHICH WOULD OF BEEN 4/2008. WE DIDN'T COME TO AN AGREEMENT. I EXPLAINED THAT I DIDN'T THINK THIS WAS MY ACCOUNT AND THAT I WASN'T GOING TO PD. SHE ASKED IF I EVER HAD A PHONE# I ANSWERED NO. SHE THEN WANTED ME TO FILL OUT AN AFFIDAVID STATING THAT I NEVER HAD A PHONE # OF. I REFUSED, I HAD NO REPRESENTATION AND DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO, AND THEN IT WAS GIVING THEM MY PERSONAL INFO.

NOW I HAVE A COURT DATE JULY 23 DO I JUST PAY THIS COMPANY OFF? I SPOKE WITH AN ATTORNEY AND HIS FEES ARE OVER $200 AN HR. HE STATED IN OTHER WORDS TO JUST PAID IT!

T
Southfield, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2008 01:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/midland-funding-llc/novi-michigan/midland-funding-llc-non-jury-trial-do-i-have-a-leg-to-stand-on-do-i-paid-novi-michigan-350162. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content