Complaint Review: Mike Williams, MikesHangar.com, biplanebuilder.com

• Reported By: Reno Nevada
  • Mike Williams, MikesHangar.com, biplanebuilder.com
    Lat 39 14 07 Lon 85 41 30
    Columbus, Indiana

Aircraft restoration business owned by Mike Williams and doing business as www.mikeshangar.com & www.biplanebuilder.com took a project airplane in to be restored in 2004 and accepted another flying airplane as payment for the restoration porject. After 2 years and no progress, and Mike Williams being arrested 2006 I got a court order to take posession of both airplanes. Very little was done to the project in 2 years, and what was done was not done to FAA requirements and was found to be unsafe and dangerous.

The airplane that was traded as payment was sold to a 3rd party who had not taken posession, therefor it is now a legal issue as to who ownes it. I obtained a judgment against Mike Williams but the airplane is grounded till the courts determines who ownes it. While Mike Williams flew it he installed an illegal autopilot, installed mis-matched cylinders on the engine and made incorrect entried into the log books.

Mike Williams has been convicted of theft, has dozens of judgments against him over the past 10 years, has either parted out of not finished in excess of 10 other projects, lost his AI & AP licenses, and has moved and continues to advertise and take in more project and deposits without intending to finsih them .

Mike has a 20 year history of the exact same business practices in the auto repair business prior to going into the aircraft retoration business.

Bellanca 260
Reno, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2008 03:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/mike-williams-mikeshangarcom-biplanebuildercom/columbus-indiana-47201/mike-williams-mikeshangarcom-biplanebuildercom-airplane-restoration-business-turns-out-360007. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
7Consumer
0Employee/Owner

I'm a very happy customer of Mike Williams'

AUTHOR: kathmandu7 - (United States of America)

I just bought a beautifully restored VW vanagon from Mike of biplane builders.com - super guy, did an unbelievable job on the vehicle.  And the price was absolutely unbeatable.  I was very nervous going into the deal because of what's been said on this website so asked for references which he immediately gave me without hesitation and they were all very happy customers as well.  He was extremely kind and spent the better part of an afternoon showing us around his beautiful airplane hangars and various metal and wood shops and going through in intricate detail all the idiosyncrasies of my new purchase.  All was as he said on the phone and actually better.  I couldn't be happier with my purchase and dealings with him and look forward to working with him again in the future.

Chicago, IL

#2

This guy isn't what he seems to be

AUTHOR: Radar715 - (U.S.A.)

Check out the following:

Too many people have been screwed over by this man. All he is trying to do is make himself look born again and find another victim to take advantage of. Google Mike Williams and biplanebuilder and themothworks. You will find several ripoff reports on him. I heard theres a guy that is willing to have you call him and he will testify to his crookedness! His website says to be a good christian... HA!

He stole thousands of dollars of money and parts from people! This man can not be trusted! For those of you that have bought or are thinking of buy something... think twice... it probably isn't his to begin with... he stole parts from planes he was suppose to be working on and sold them to other people...

Ripped me off too!

AUTHOR: Pitts S1 - (U.S.A.)

Mike Williams was to build a Pitts S-1 for me also. After 4 years of him not completing any work to speak of and 50K down the drain I also got a court order to get my aircraft from him. Basically my story is the same as the others. After I took possession of my aircraft through attorneys and court orders I realized that he had ripped off my parts. I ended up spending thousands in attorney fees and I have a judgement against him (which I will never see).

The worst part is that Mike not only stole my money, but valuable time. He set me back years in my aerobatic career, which I will never be able to get back.

Yes, he has been in jail many times, however he contiues to rip people off.

It's funny, if you rip off a crack dealer for 20 dollars they will kill you. But...if you rip off pilots and doctors for hundreds of thousands, well I guess you get to keep going about your business.

Im just waiting for one of the people he ripped off to come down with a terminal illness!

AUTHOR: Bellanca 260 - (U.S.A.)

The FAA has revoked Mike Williams A&P, IA & pilot license. Mike has not surrendered his licenses and therefor the suspension has not began. So as of today 4/1/2009 Mike is flying and repairing airplanes illegally. Mike Williams has also filed for Chapter12 Bankruptcy. Anyone doing business with www.biplanebuilder.com , Mike Williams , www.mikeshangar.com is doing so at a high risk of their airplane never being restored and losing all there hard earned money. Call the country court house, the FSDO in Indianapolis or the FAA to cofirm this,,,,don't just take my word. I lost over $50,000 doing business with Mike Williams.