Complaint Review: Millie Carlton Swan House Manor

• Millie Carlton Swan House Manor
    5515 palmer park blvd
    colorado springs, Colorado
    USA

Millie Carlton Swan House Manor Swan House weddings Ripped Off Bride colorado springs Colorado

Swan House Manor booked me for a Jan 2017 weeding. They are closing on Dec 31, 2016. I had to hear about this closing from other people and at first Millie, the owner denied it and said I was fine. After confronting her again she todl me we would need to change my venue. After several attempts to find something to change it to I tried to settle on a venue I did not like to get it over with. Millie said we would talk on a certain day and then refused to answer any emails, voicemails, or text messages.

After all this I went to see her in person to ask to get my money back and just do the wedding myself. She said she was so sorry that she and Swan House had dropped the ball and it was probaly for the best that she pay me back. 2 weeks later I had not heard anything from her. She even sent me an email saying I was on the top of her list to get paid but then wouldnt tell me when or how. A lawyer reached out as a favor and she told him I would never see a dime. Several attempts have been made to contact her and her lawyer and no one ever responds.

I had to file a civil suit in court and contact the news media about her unprofessionalism and her breach of contract. She claimed my refund would now be delayed. Seems as if I am being punished for trying to protect myself. She owes several of her venodrs thousands of dollars as well. It is the belief of several in the industry and that know her well that she does not have the money to pay back and I will probably not get a refund.

She likes to tell everyone that I cancelled the wedding. How can I cancel something at a place that would not exisit? How can I cancel when she stated herself that refund was an option.

Another bride reached out to me to say she could not get any calls returned either. When someone posted about it on their facebook Swan House said they do not commit themselves 100% to the brides that sign up with them.

Millie Carlton of the Swan House is a scammer and does not seem to have any intent of paying me back. If she did she would give me a refund asap.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/04/2016 06:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/millie-carlton-swan-house-manor/colorado-springs-colorado-80915/millie-carlton-swan-house-manor-swan-house-weddings-ripped-off-bride-colorado-springs-col-1315034. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content