Complaint Review: Miss American Coed Pageants

• Miss American Coed Pageants
    4120 Piedmont Rd
    Pensacola, Florida
    USA

Miss American Coed Pageants MAC Pageants Miss Patty's husband is a convicted sex offender and Miss Patty allowed him around my child for years Pensacola Florida

*General Comment: We'll never know the whole story

*Consumer Comment: Sad but true and very hard to stomach

*Author of original report: Joshua Hutson Plea Agreement

*Author of original report: Joshua Hutson The Information Report

THIS IS POSTED AS A CONSUMER WARNING TO ALL PARENTS

As a mother who spent years attending the National Miss American Coed Pageant I feel I had the right to know that Patty Hawkins husband is a convicted felon and spent years on the sexual predator list in Florida.

I had the right to CHOOSE if I wanted my daughter's pictures and videos taken by a convicted sex offender.  I had the right to CHOOSE if I wanted to put money in the Hawkins pockets.

When I came across this information I did due diligence to understand the entire case.  I will post the information I received from the court house and court records.  ALL which are public record.

Escambia County Clerk Case:

1994 CF 003761

.....escambiaclerk.com/xml/xml_web_1a.asp" target="_blank">http://www.escambiaclerk.com/xml/xml_web_1a.asp

Put in his name and you will find the court records.

The rest of these records were obtained through the

Escambia County Sheriff's Office

I hope this helps all families make an informed decision in regards to the Miss American Coed Pageant. If nothing else it allows you to make choices which I was not afforded.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2015 03:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/miss-american-coed-pageants/pensacola-florida-32503/miss-american-coed-pageants-mac-pageants-miss-pattys-husband-is-a-convicted-sex-offender-1266624. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

2Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 General Comment

We'll never know the whole story

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (USA)

I am a close relative of a MAC pageant girl and was quite concerned about this issue as well. Upon further research, though, I am comfortable that her positive experiences with the MAC well outweigh any perceived risks.

While I understand the original poster’s concerns, the situation that happened over 20 years ago is not one that I believe is pertinent to the MAC organization. The attached reports tells the story of two teenagers making out in the water off the beach. This was not a 40 year old man and a young child.

The OP states that Patty Hawkins say’s that the girl lied about her age. (I honestly don't remember when I was that age even talking about age, we knew people were about our age and we asked what grade they were in (I’m a sophomore, etc...))I don’t know if she did or if she didn’t lie, or if it even came up, but at the time of the incident a 16 year old and a 19 year old could legally partake in sexual activity. Florida law was changed in 2007 to allow for people convicted in these situations to be removed from the sex offender list for just this reason. To date, he has not had any further arrests, for any reason.

A 19 year old boy made a very bad mistake 20+ years ago. How long should he be punished for it? How long would any of us what to be judged for something we did when we were 19?

Sad but true and very hard to stomach

AUTHOR: Completely Disgusted - (USA)

After hearing about Josh Hutson, a friend of mine and I discussed the situation and Patty was asked about her husband’s felony conviction.  Her response was that the girl lied to Josh about her age.  Okay so let me get this right?  Patty Hawkins is blaming the victim.

I am sorry but that is where I draw the line.  First the facts are that Josh was 19 years old and in the Navy and certainly knew WHEN A FEMALE SAYS STOP THAT MEANS STOP REGARDLESS OF HER AGE.  This is very hard to stomach and to keep it clean, I have used *’s in place of some words and although the document is blurry as far as I can read it states, "On 8/6/94, __________ a W/F Juvenile being 15 years of age, reported the following to Escambia County Sheriff's Office: She related that she had met a white male while she and a girlfriend were walking in the area of the Casino Beach on Santa Rosa Island.  He identified himself to her as being Josh Hutson aka Josh Hudson.  __________ had told him that she was 15 years old when he asked how old she was.  He asked her to go for a swim.  She agreed and they waded into the Gulf waters.  She states that they began kissing.  ____________ further relates that while in the water with the white male, he made *******/******* ************.  SHE HAD TOLD HIM TO STOP BECAUSE SHE WAS STILL A VIRGIN.  She further relates that the white male removed his ***** from his shorts and, after he removed her swim suit bottom, performed ******/******* *********** on her.  SHE HAD TOLD HIM THAT SHE DID NOT WANT TO DO ANYTHING DUE TO THE FACT THAT SHE WAS A VIRGIN.   HE CONTINUED THE ASSAULT until witness, __________ walked out into the water near __________.  Further investigation revealed that the defendant, Joshua Neill Hutson, was a possible suspect.  A photo line-up was obtained with the assistance of NIS Agent Henry Pataky.  The photo line-up contained a photograph of suspect Joshua Neill Hutson.  On 8/10/94, the photo line-up was shown to victim ________.  She identified photo number 5 as being a photograph of the suspect who had sexually assaulted her on 8/6/94 at Pensacola Beach in Escambia County, Florida.  A sexual assault exam conducted on 8/6/94 revealed the following in reference to the victim’s hymen:  “EVIDENCE OF FRESH TRAUMA.”  Photograph #5 is the photograph of defendant Joshua Neill Hutson.”

As I said the whole thing is pretty hard to stomach and from reading the Order Granting Motion for Removal from Sex Offender Registry it appears to me he was granted removal because “At the time of the conviction there was no law requiring registration of sexual offenders.”

Wow how does that help our families or our children?  So if he was convicted a couple of years later when Section 943-0435 was enacted Josh would be a life-time reporter and MAC families would be protected because he couldn’t be around our children.

Patty’s excuse for her husband is sad and repulsive.  I will not be back to MAC and I know many others that won’t either.  :(

Joshua Hutson Plea Agreement