Report: #192014

• Phone: 416-449-6429
  • Web:
  • Category: Jewelers

M&J Jewellery, Jana sold my engagement ring to pay her debt! Toronto Ontario

I used Jana, the owner of her personal jewelery business in a small community as a personal jeweller to fix some little things before and it was great, she fixed the jewellery quickly and for a decent price.

So, as I said that I am shocked by what happened after. I talked to Jana before about my engagement ring/wedding band that I had and no longer wanted after my divorce. Jana asked for me to bring it. When I brought in the ring she stated that she could sell the ring for $1200+ and would get it appraised for me for no charge from her 'friend'. I thought it would be a good idea to get appraised so I decided to let her do it, this was in January 2006.

After two weeks of consist dropping by her office she stated that the ring was appraised at $1800.00 and that she felt that it would of been appraised for alot more therefore she stated that she had a 'buyer' for $500. Which she stated is a GREAT deal! I did not think it was that great therefore stated that I would not go less than $900.

So the war began, I am a business woman and no not have that much time to hold someone's hand and make sure that they complete the things that are promised. Each day (which was almost everyday) that I dropped by it was one reason after another until she had a 'buyer' for $900.

Now, in March she stated that the 'buyer' bought the ring from her 'friend' and that he used a personal check and that the check had to clear. Needless to say after 4 weeks of excuses of the check has not cleared she stated that her 'friend' actually used MY CHECK to pay her personal debt of $2000 that she had with her 'friend'. After stating that she said that she would pay me directly even though she is in debt and has alot of other people she has to pay.

I have spoken to other customers who have the similar problem of Jana not paying them or providing the services for her promised words.

Now, its May and she stills owe me the money and it is the same excuses everyday. I refuse to give up, I do not see why I should have to 'forget' about promises that have been unkept and do not want to admit that I have been used to pay her personal debt.

I will continue to drop by her office everyday and stay hopefull that this 'problem' will stop. But, I refuse to me quiet any longer while other customers are used to pay for her debt. Please do not use her services, unless you would like to donate to her personal debt fund.

Debbie
Toronto, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2006 04:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/mj-jewellery-jana/toronto-ontario/mj-jewellery-jana-sold-my-engagement-ring-to-pay-her-debt-toronto-ontario-192014. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content