Complaint Review: Model Talent Development
Model Talent Development james muniz model talent development Scam - Theft - Lies - Breach of Contract - Threat - Info manipulation, Hicksville, New York
*Author of original report: Fix typos
First they will lie to you saying that your kid or yourself is perfect for a job. They will scout in Malls and public places. They will get your contact information because you will feel exited about a possible opportunity for your child.
Then they will contact you for interview on a specific date. If you show up they will greed you and be nice. Omar or Tim the two sales man will give you a sweet talk about what you can do thanks to them. they will promise you jobs for your child. They will show you pictures in magazines of success stories. They will tell you it's easy, more than 90% of the kids get jobs. They get well paid, etc ...
First, if you look interested he will show you the prices ... crazy prices. From $700 to $2000 for a bunch of photos.
Then he will say that you can pay to get the picture $45, or they keep the copyright.
And finally you can get promotion cards for like $6 each, but they will tell you that it's no good and that the website is much better. What they don't tell you is that you will have to pay for the website.
This is an overview of their 3 steps process.
This process is detailed on a photocopy paper that doesn't have a back side. When you show the second time after having paid thousands ... all a sudden this paper has prices in the back ! The sales man will tell you he doesn't know those prices (seriously !), that it is not the same department (He deserves a beating).
Here is their 3 steps process:
- 1: You pay for the photos the first time you see them. (You have 3 days to cancel the contract and get your money back ...). They will make you a price. You will try to negotiate and you may get something good. But then when they will charge your card, they will tell you that there are taxes from the credit card company ... Adding up to $100 bucks on the bill. At that point it's called theft.
- You will schedule a photo shoot session within a week. Their contract says that you need to call them 7 days in advance to reschedule, making it impossible for you at that point. You may get $100 fee right away if you need to reschedule your first appointment. If you don't show up, they will keep your money and cancel the contract ... nice people !
- The photo shoot is a joke. The photographs are not professionals. The equipment had issues. They are lazy. People are barely working, ladies doing their makeup, other smoking, chatting. Welcome to the circus !
- You get the pictures done ! You still have little faith because you have no idea what is coming for you.
- 2: They ask you to come 3 days later to review the photos. The promotion Lady (Jennifer Santiago in my case) put you in a room and you look at the picture. She then pretend to prepare the paperwork and then ... nightmare !
- She will show you the original paper explaining the 3 steps process. You saw that paper they day you sight the contract, but it had no backside ! Now, on the other side of this paper are the prices of the promotion ! Other crazy prices from hundreds to thousands of dollars. If you want your child to be promoted and get jobs you need it she says. Or basically she won't get anything. You are pissed, but you can't back away, you already put money down ! You go for it, hopping the whole investment will be covered by the jobs your child will get.
- She will tell you other lies, 92% of the kids get jobs. Several jobs a months. Yes there are a team of 5 people doing active promotion.
- 3: The five picture of your child are online ! Yea ! The site looks like crap but you tell yourself, that's it I'm done. Now I should start receiving some phone calls and get some jobs.
- A week or so later, you will get a call from someone saying that they have this great opportunity for a big firm (The Children Place or Macy's). This a 2 or 4 years contract with them. However because you are not promoting your kid for that period of time, they will ask you to extend your promotion period. (A week later they are already trying to make you bleed again ! Unbelievable.)
- You get excited about this opportunity ! The lady will say that your kid will make $1600 a months for 4 years. 1 photo shoot a month. Great !
- Now if you go for this (which I didn't). You will not get any jobs. They will pretend it's been canceled or postponed ... You won't be able to get a hold of nobody. The front desk (super rude, put you on hold without notice ... etc. Completely aware of the ongoing circus ... ) won't help you. You won't be able to talk to anyone.
- When you read closely their contract, they are very strictly saying that they are not going to promote you or your child in any way. They will not do anything. So the promotion is a pure lie. They make you sign a contract that very clearly says that they won't promote you even though that is what they are telling and selling you ! They lie from A to Z telling you that you will get jobs. they will not do a thing for that to happen !
Now it has been a week we try to get a hold of James Muniz the manager. But of course he never calls.
Omar Tovar AKA "Uniko" (That at least made me laugh ! The Reggeaton scammer director) is a big part of this scam. He drives a nice white Mercedes with tinted window ... (For who wants to retaliate)
Tim Scott, the last of the group of scammers. Another latino "getho like" sweet talker. Didn't talk to him but easy to spot.
Now this report is only the beginning.
Read the contract !
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/26/2012 03:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/model-talent-development/hicksville-new-york-11801/model-talent-development-james-muniz-model-talent-development-scam-theft-lies-breac-947077. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here: