Complaint Review:

• Updated: Fri, May 19, 2017

• Reported By: Beauty Studio — Glastonbury Connecticut USA
Modern Office Furniture
Nationwide USA

Modern Office Furniture Refusal of Refund on Damaged Items (TWICE) EDEN PRARIES, MN Nationwide

After receiving TWO damaged desks, whose quality didn't even match that of IKEA but at a price point of 10x more, the business REFUSED to return the item and refund us. Their option was to send a THIRD replacement (this has been going on now for over 4-weeks) OR for us to pay to have this desk shipped back to them.

They wanted us, the customer, to pay for a 220lb desk to be returned to them that was shipped damaged twice. If we wanted to return it because we didn't like it, I would understand paying shipping, but not for product that was warped and damaged.

Brad, the manager, provided the worst customer service I have ever received. He not only spoke over me the entire time, he told me that I should have ripped open the box in the middle of the parking lot (where they delivered this desk) to ensure it was not damaged before signing. [continued below]....
..... From the outside of the box, there appeared to be no damages, yet this company decides that it is the customers fault instead of their own.

You're better off buying a desk from IKEA and putting it together yourself for less of a cost and better quality.

The customer service of this business is unacceptable and I hope that others do not have to experience this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2017 09:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/modern-office-furniture/nationwide/modern-office-furniture-refusal-of-refund-on-damaged-items-twice-eden-praries-mn-nati-1374129. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Modern Office Furniture