Complaint Review: Motel 6

• Phone: 512-339-6161
  • Web:
  • Category: Motels

Motel 6 Roach infested motel. Austin Texas

Ok I checked into a motel 6 in Austin Texas room 118 to be exact. Well as I brought in my suit cases I went into the restroom to wash my hands. As soon as I turned the light on roaches scattered everywhere, baby roaches to adult roaches. Well I freaked out started killing them with my sandal. No red flag crossed my mind yet. Well I left for the rest of the day, came back around 1am with food and wow the roaches must have been hungry, because they came out from everywhere. Mirrors, the tv,walls under the bed and from the ac unit. I freaked out again lost my appetite. Closed up my food tied the bag tight as I could. Still the roaches managed to get into my food. Disgusting. I called the front desk to tell her the problem with the room. The front desk girl apologized and offered to move me to another room. I declined because there were guys all outside of there rooms drinking smoking weed etc. [continued below]....

..... Did not feel safe moving at one in the morning with my two sons a two year old and 12 year old. So I declined and waited until the morning to move because I did have another reservation for one more night. Well the second room I moved to 228 was no better roach infested again. No surprise. I did not sleep for those two nights. And I kept the lights on all night even in the restroom. Roaches were crawling on my sons bed as he was sleeping I had two roaches fall on me. I took pictures of the problem through out the two nights and a video of all the roaches I killed. I told the manager the problems she didn't even apologize. She just told me I know we have a roach problem and we're working on getting the rooms exterminated. Long story short. I made a report on the motel 6 guest relations website, gave it a week no call back nothing. So I called guest relations and the lady told me give it 5 days to be contacted. Well never was contacted. I put in a request to speak with a district manager so I can show my pictures and video and so I could voice my issue in person. Never happened. Called for the third time today and the lady said it is out of her hands because the gm put me on a do not rent list. I did not do nothing wrong. The gm is upset because I made a report. All I want is my oney back for those 2 days and money back for my food that the roaches got into. Very rude people working for this company including guest relations employees. Never again will I stay at that motel 6 location.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2017 11:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/motel-6/austin-texas-78753/motel-6-roach-infested-motel-austin-texas-1387799. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content